As the saying goes “Eyes are the reflectors of the soul” but eyes not only reflect souls but also give major information about one’s health and lifestyle.
So do you know ?? what is the one biggest beauty problem of today’s girls apart from pimples, hair fall that is making us girls look like zombies and pandas are Dark circles.
Yess !! that’s becoming the main concern that making us look older.
Causes for dark circles
- Nutritional deficiency
- Sleep deprivation and tiredness
- Smoking and drinking
- Sun exposure
- Hormonal changes
Dark circles and anemia – Iron deficiency is one of the most common causes of inexplicable dark circles in many cases, which can be treated by making simple changes in your diet.
Dark circles and dehydration – Dehydration is one of the most common reasons for dark circles under the eyes. Thus it is advisable to have at least 8-10 glasses of water and include fresh fruit daily.
Dark circles and liver disease – Dark circles also indicate liver dysfunction due to various liver ailments. An example of such a liver ailment is hepatitis.
Remedies… So how you prevent them ??
Almond oil and paste: Almonds are a true solution for many beauty problems.
Oil – Before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin. Leave it overnight. The next morning, wash it off with cold water. Follow this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear.
Paste – Soak few almonds in water in the daytime and before you go to bed remove this almond from water and make them into small pieces now grind them into a thick paste by adding little milk and apply this under-eye area and wash off in the next morning with warm water.
*Lazy girl tip .. if you can’t do the whole soaking and grinding thing, just grind some almonds into a fine powder and store that in an airtight container and whenever you want to use it just take small amount mix it with milk and apply under eyes
Cucumber: Cucumbers have skin-lightening and mildly astringent properties that help fix those raccoon eyes naturally. Plus, they have a soothing and refreshing effect.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Put the slices onto the affected skin area for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water.
- Repeat twice daily for about a week or more.
- Another option is to mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal amounts.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Follow this remedy daily for at least one week.
Rose Water: Rose water has an incredible ingredient for skincare. It rejuvenates the skin and has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works as a good skin toner.
- Soak cotton eye pads in pure rose water for a few minutes.
- Put the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Tomatoes: Tomatoes have bleaching properties that can lighten skin to a great extent.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a one-half teaspoon of lemon juice. Gently apply this mixture on the dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks. Simply using tomato juice will also work.
- You can also drink a glass of tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice, and salt. For maximum results, be sure to drink this juice immediately after making it. Drink it once or twice a day for about a week.
Raw Potato: There are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten dark circles and get rid of puffiness around the eyes.
- Grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it over your closed eyes. Make sure the juice covers the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids. Allow the juice to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse your eyelids well with cool water. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
- Instead of potato juice, you can also use thick potato slices to remove dark circles.
Lemon Juice: The vitamin C present in lemon juice can also help remove dark circles under the eyes, thanks to its skin-lightening properties.
- Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it off. Do this once daily for a few weeks.
- Another option is to make a thick paste by mixing one tablespoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of tomato puree, a pinch of gram flour (besan) and turmeric powder.
- Apply this thick paste gently around your eyes. Rinse it off with clean water after 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat 2 or three times every week.
- Note: If the lemon juice causes a burning sensation then discontinue its use.
If you are looking for a best summer under eye gel check my review on Biotique- Bio Seaweed under eye gel.
Follow me on Instagram Sravani_mocherla