One of the major problems everyone battling these days is stress. So I decided to talk about different mental problems like stress, depression, anxiety, and whatever you want us to discuss just comment it down. Let’s see how we can beat stress with minor lifestyle changes.
So let’s get to our first topic Stress: Stress is a situation that triggers a particular biological response when you perceive a threat or a major challenge, chemicals, and hormones surge throughout your body. Stress kick starts your fight-or-flight response to fight the stress or run away from it. Typically, after the response occurs, your body should relax.
But constant stress can have negative effects on your long-term health and severe, frequent, or prolonged stress can be harmful to both mental and physical health.
In today’s world there are a lot of things that trigger stress:
|Sedentary lifestyle||Unrealistic expectations / perfectionism|
|Workload||Inability to accept the reality|
|All-or-nothing attitude||Comparing lives|
So what over stressing causes:
|Sleep problems |
(oversleeping or insomnia)
|Digestive problems||Skin & hair problems|
|Mood swings||Reproductive issues|
|Weight issues||Heart problems|
So how can you get back your peace of mind and beat stress at bay?
- Get Your body moving, Exercise in any form or just a walk around your block, will help your body to relax and release endorphins (happy hormones).
- Meditate/yoga your way into peacefulness, Meditation/yoga will help you to control your senses and balance emotions.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle – Wake up early, cut out your screen time, and try to eat healthy as possible.
- Never compare your lives with others. Remember the grass is always greener on the other side.
- Have positive self-talk, here are positive affirmations I remind myself for a positive and productive day.
- Plan your work smartly.
- Take power naps of 5 min, when you feel overwhelmed.
- Don’t overburden your self with multitasking. Slay one dragon at a time or deal with one task.
- Whether its a hard time or happy time always remember this too shall pass.
- Never worry about too much about anything, a calm mind can work out a solution than a worried one.
- Never set unrealistic expectations/perfectionism as your goal. Do it right and do it with determination.
- Get away from toxic people and the environment.
- Have a pet or a plant, see taking care of somethings will let you forget your worries and make you happy.
- Have a #metime at least once a week.
Finally, You can never be truly happy, until you realize the value of things you have, So instead of worrying about what you don’t have, try to be happy and grow with what you have.
Stay connected through Instagram @ Sravani_mocherla